Today on my mind

My photo
Sacramento, California, United States

Total Pageviews

Pages

Teen-age Love





Too many times I wanted to wine and dine
but I was just a girl still young in the mind
I wanted to give you my all
and you give me yours
but you know what they say
about behind closed doors
but I was in love
or maybe it was just like
whatever it was it sure felt right
that teen-age love took a hold on me
grab me so tight I just couldn't break free
I wanted to walk through the park with you
hand and hand like their was nothing
left to do
we would dress alike in walk in the high school
with all the girls starring
now that would be cool
you would walk me home carrying my books
and kiss me at the door while everybody look
that teen-age love grew me up fast
so thanks for the memories
cause you know they gonna last
now I'm gonna move on with my experience
in hand
because now I'm ready to find a real man
but those thoughts of you, naw!
they won't bulge
because nothing sticks deeper
than teen-age love!


_Kelley Gibbons


2 comments:

  1. Damn! That's deep, I really like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ONE OF MANY TALENTED POETS UNKNOWN BUT TRULY NEEDED.

    ReplyDelete